Nestled in the Sierra Nevada mountains of Northern California, Truckee is the Base Camp for a Big Life. Incorporated in 1993, Truckee has evolved into a destination hot-spot for outdoor enthusiasts. Whether you enjoy finding hidden powder stashes at any one of the many surrounding ski resorts in the winter, challenging yourself on a nearby mountain biking trail or enjoying a scenic hike for wildflowers in the spring , or spending time soaking up the sierra sunshine on beautiful Donner Lake in the summer, you’re sure to have an amazing time!
While you’re with us, check out our scenic Legacy Trail that winds along the beautiful Truckee River – it’s perfect for walking, jogging, or biking. Staying in Tahoe Donner? Enjoy a serene walk along the Trout Creek Trail and find yourself in downtown Truckee!
Take in the local culture with a visit to our historic downtown district, featuring a variety of shops and restaurants – a few of our local restaurants have been featured on Food Network shows, so be sure to stop by for a bite!
Some considerations to be aware of as you plan your visit:
• Truckee’s downtown district features pay-for-parking; learn more here .
• Truckee is proud to be taking steps toward a greener environment – leave your car at the hotel and take advantage of our free TART service to make your way through town and into the North Tahoe Basin!
• Truckee is an access point from I-80 for the North Tahoe Basin; this means that while Truckee itself may not be terribly busy, peak season and holiday weekends can result in a large amount of traffic on and off I-80 at Truckee. Please monitor traffic conditions, and plan your travel times accordingly.
• Winter travel can be impeded by heavy snowfall at times; monitor road conditions with CalTrans .
• While Truckee boasts an average of 245 sunny days per year, be sure to check the weather before planning your trip.
For more information on the local area amenities and happenings, check out the Truckee Chamber of Commerce.