The following links will provide additional information about Truckee and the surrounding areas.
North Lake Tahoe Express offers daily service to the Reno-Tahoe International Airport
from the North Lake Tahoe and Truckee region. Call 866-216-5222 or visit www.northlaketahoeexpress.com for more information.
For information on how to handle bear encounters, keep your house bear safe, and be bear aware, contact the BEAR League. They can be reached at 530-525-7297 or visit www.savebears.org.
If you would like to obtain a copy of a Birth, Death, or Marriage certificate, please call the Nevada County Office of the Recorder at 530-265-1221 or visit www.mynevadacounty.com.
Burn Permits - are required year round in Truckee. Information on Burn Permits can be obtained through the Truckee Fire Protection District 530-582-7850 or visit www.truckeefire.org.
- Burn Day Information – to find out if it is an approved burn day in the area, call 530-582-1027 or visit www.truckeefire.org.
Greyhound serves Truckee. Tickets can be purchased in advance from Greyhound or from the bus driver when boarding the bus in Truckee. For more information, call 800-231-2222 or visit www.greyhound.com.
Cable Television / Internet service
If you have questions regarding your service or billing please contact Suddenlink directly at 800-832-2258 or locally at 530-550-3900 or visit www.suddenlink.com.
Nevada County Local Area Formation Commission (LAFCo)Click on the link below for the Nevada County Local Area Formation Commission Agendas. The Truckee Town Council has one member selected to sit on this Commission. https://www.mynevadacounty.com/907/Local-Agency-Formation-Commission-LAFCo
California Highway Patrol
There are several campgrounds located in the Truckee area. These are maintained by the Truckee Ranger District. For more information, call the Truckee Ranger District at 530-587-3558 or visit www.fs.fed.us/.
- The US Army Corps of Engineers maintains a campground at Martis Creek Lake, 5 miles south of Truckee, US Army Corps of Engineers.
- California State Parks Department.
Sierra Nevada Geotourism Nomination
Truckee has been recognized by National Geographic! Explore Sierra Nevada Geotourism's recognition of the Truckee River Legacy Trail! A beautiful and exciting shared use trail; check it out, it's definitely worth celebrating.
Chamber of Commerce
Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce 10065 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA 530-587-8808
Railroad Track Safety / California Operation Lifesaver
Please stay alert at railroad crossings. Never stop your vehicle on the railroad tracks. Follow all crossing sign warnings and never walk on or around train tracks. Do not text, use headphones or any other distractions that would prevent you from hearing an approaching train. For more information about rail safety please visit California Operation Lifesaver.
State of California Board of Equalization Use Tax Information
County / Special Districts / Utilities
- Nevada County Sheriff
- Nevada County
- Placer County
- Placer County Sheriff
- Placer Office of Education
- Tahoe Forest Hospital
- Tahoe Truckee Unified School District
- Tahoe Truckee Sanitation Agency
- Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal
- Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Truckee Donner Public Utility District
- Truckee Donner Recreation & Park District
- Northern Sierra Air Quality Management District
- Liberty Utilities
- Southwest Gas
- Truckee Fire Protection District
- Truckee Sanitary District
Property Owners Associations
- Historical Society
- Moonshine Ink
- Project Mana - A Hunger Relief Agency
- North Lake Tahoe Resort Association
- Sierra College - Truckee Campus
- Sierra Sun Newspaper
- Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce
- Truckee Library
- Truckee Trails Foundation
- Truckee River Watershed Council
Roads & Transportation