TOWN OF TRUCKEE
HISTORIC PRESERVATION ADVISORY COMMISSION
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
April 24, 2019, 8:00 a.m.
Town Hall – Prosser Conference Room
10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL. Chair Wightman, Vice Chair Sesko, Commission Members Kenny, Mortier and Riley.
2. PUBLIC COMMENT. Time set aside for the public to address the Commission on any matter not on the agenda. Testimony related to any agendized matter should be addressed at the time that item is considered. Comments are limited to three minutes.
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
4. MINOR REVIEW ITEMS
4.1 Planning Application 2019-00000006/AMD-DP-UP-HDR (1882 Riverfront Deck Expansion Project Amendment, Development Permit, Use Permit and Historic Design Review); 10009 East River Street (APN 019-151-01-000) and 10005 Bridge Street (APN 019-151-033-000); Owner: Wendy and Matt Brown; Agent: Peter Gerdin. Laura Dabe, Assistant Planner.
The applicant proposes to construct a 1,075 square foot deck with 34 seats for outdoor dining, an outdoor bar, a gas fire pit, and a restroom on the parcel to the south of the River Street Inn/1882 Bar and Grill property (10005 Bridge Street; APN 019-151-033-000). This property is currently under Town of Truckee ownership. If the land use entitlements are approved, the applicant would propose to purchase 1,252 square feet of the 0.05-acre parcel to accommodate the riverfront deck, stairs, ramps and landings. A public access path to the Truckee River is also proposed as part of the project
4.2 Application No. 2019-00000036/DP-HDR (Cottonwood Restaurant Addition II); Owner: JAR Hilltop Applicant: Cottonwood Group, Inc.; (10142 Rue Hilltop; APN: 019-300-018). Kirk Skierski, Assistant Planner.
The applicant is requesting Historic Design Review to grant a Certificate of Appropriateness for a 1,153 square foot kitchen addition to the existing 5,037 square foot Cottonwood Restaurant, a Category “A” (Essential) historic resource, located at 10142 Rue Hilltop Road within the Downtown Master Plan (DMP) zoning district.
5. MAJOR REVIEW ITEMS – None.
7. INFORMATION ITEMS – None.
8. COMMISSION MEMBER REPORTS. During this time, the Commissioners may make a brief announcement or update each other on various other meetings they have attended since the last Commission meeting. Furthermore, a Commissioner may provide a reference to staff for factual information, request staff to report back to the body of a subsequent meeting concerning any matter, or may direct staff to place a matter of business on a future agenda. However, no action will be taken at this meeting during this time.
9. ADJOURNMENT. To the next Commission meeting on May 8, 2019 at the Town Hall Prosser Conference Room at 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
POSTING: I declare a copy of this agenda was posted at Town Hall, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA, on April 19, 2019 by 5:00 p.m. Agenda packets are available for public review at Town Hall, Truckee Library and online at www.townoftruckee.com.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Truckee Town Council regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection in the lobby of Truckee Town Hall located at 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA, during normal business hours.
NOTE: Public participation is encouraged. In compliance with Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. Sec. 12132) and in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act, if you need special assistance to enable you to attend and participate in this meeting, or if you need the agenda or related materials in an alternative format, please contact the Town Clerk (530) 582-7700. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to all aspects of this meeting. For information on recent changes to the Ralph M. Brown Act (effective January 1, 2003) with regard to ADA requirements please see Government Codes 54953.2, 54954.1, 54954.2, and 54957.5.