Town Manager's Office
The Town Manager and his immediate staff are responsible to the Town Council for administration of all Town affairs. The Manager is directly responsible for continual review and analysis of all Town administrative operations including budget preparation and control, organizational and procedural studies, and all matters pertaining to staffing.
Meet our Town Manager
Jeff Loux was appointed as Town Manager by Truckee Town Council as of August 4, 2017.
With over 30 years of management and leadership experience, Jeff’s career within the fields of planning, environmental and land-use policy is long and varied, including:
- Community Development Director for the Town of Truckee;
- Community Development Director for the City of Davis;
- Assistant Planning Director for Santa Cruz County;
- Associate Dean and Director of Land Use and Natural Resources at UC Davis Extension;
- Facilitated general plans, climate action plans and water policy for communities throughout California;
- Author of several books on water, land use planning and natural resource management;
- Significant experience in facilitating complex stakeholder and community engagement processes.
Jeff holds a Ph.D. in Environmental Planning from UC Berkeley, and M.S.in Geography from UCLA, and Bachelor’s Degrees from UC Santa Barbara.
When he is not working, Jeff enjoys skiing, both downhill and cross country, hiking, backpacking, relaxing with the dog and his family, kayaking, golf and sand volleyball.