|Carolyn Wallace Dee
Regular Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Town Hall at 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee. View the Calendar for upcoming meetings.
Town Council Meetings are also televised. Tune in live at 6:00 p.m. on local Channel 18.
Click here to review Town Council Agendas, Minutes, Resolutions and Ordinances.
Participating at a Council meeting can be a daunting prospect. The public is a vital part of the process and the Town would like to encourage you to speak out on the issues facing the Town. The Guide to Town Council Meetings has been prepared to help take some of the mystery out of the public process.
2018 Council Mission StatementWe will continue to protect and improve Truckee's quality of life. Through efficient and collaborative governance we will ensure that growth, preservation, capital investments, and Town operations enhance our environmental, social and cultural resources, while balancing long term economic viability.
2018 Council Goals
- Continue to revitalize the Downtown and the Truckee River corridor through strategic, innovative partnerships, policies, and funding.
- Develop policies, and leverage public and private resources to provide alternatives to the use of private automobiles. Expand bicycle and pedestrian opportunities, in addition to creating a well-funded public transportation strategy supporting the Regional Transit Vision.
- Increase the availability of affordable and achievable "locals" housing that supports full-time residents living, working and recreating in Truckee.
- Provide leadership to all government partners and community institutions to identify efficiencies that improve community services through facilitation, communication, funding and collaboration.
- Continue to “Keep Truckee Green,” with a strong emphasis on environmental sustainability initiatives and strategies, renewable energy, recycling, reuse, resource conservation and ecological restoration.
Town Council Handbook