| Morgan Goodwin
Welcome new Council members Anna Klovstad and David Polivy and congratulations Morgan Goodwin on being re-elected to Truckee Town Council. The Town would like to express its deepest gratitude to Carolyn Wallace Dee and Patrick Flora for their dedicated service. Photos of our current Council will be updated early 2019.
Regular Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Truckee Town Hall located at 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee. View the Calendar for upcoming meetings. Town Council Meetings are also televised by Truckee Tahoe Community Television. Tune in live at 6:00 p.m. on local Channel 18.
Click here to review Town Council Agendas, Minutes, Resolutions and Ordinances.
Participating in a Council meeting can be a daunting prospect. The public is a vital part of the process and the Town would like to encourage you to speak out on the issues facing the Town. The Guide to Town Council Meetings has been prepared to help take some of the mystery out of the public process.
2019 Council Mission StatementThe Truckee Town Council is committed to protecting and improving Truckee's quality of life. We are dedicated to understanding the values and perspectives of each segment of our community and integrating those values into decision making. We believe in a balanced budget, continued provision of quality infrastructure and services, and efficient and collaborative governance to ensure that growth, preservation, capital investments, and Town operations enhance our unique environmental, social, cultural, and historical resources.
2019 Council Goals
- Increase the availability of affordable and achievable locals housing. Establish clear numerical targets and timelines that support housing for full-time residents living, working and recreating in Truckee.
- Work collaboratively with community partners to develop solutions and strategies to support community resilience, disaster preparedness and forest stewardship.
- Achieve the Town’s adopted goals for renewable energy and reduced carbon footprint through the Town’s policies, programs and dedicated actions.
- Continue to revitalize the Downtown and the Truckee River corridor, as well as key mixed-use corridors (such as Donner Pass Road) and neighborhoods.
- Develop policies and programs and leverage resources to provide alternatives to the use of private automobiles. Expand bicycle and pedestrian opportunities, in addition to creating a well-funded public transportation strategy supporting the Regional Transit Vision.
- Expand upon the “Keep Truckee Green” brand and established programs, with a strong emphasis on sustainability, open space preservation, recycling/reuse, natural resource conservation and ecological restoration.
- Develop a long-term strategy involving appropriate community partners to support a diverse economic and employment base.
- Work collaboratively with appropriate agencies and organizations to enhance desired community services, such as a new library, mental health services, senior services, parks and recreational opportunities, and others.