Trout Creek Restoration Project
The Engineering Division is working on the development of plans for the Trout Creek Restoration Project, which would restore Trout Creek from its I-80 undercrossing east of Bridge Street, under Donner Pass Road, past the Lumber Yard, through the Railyard Development area, and to the Union Pacific Railroad right of way line, which is immediately north of the Truckee River.
The purpose of restoring Trout Creek is as follows:
- Restore natural function of creek.
- Improve ecological value by creating riparian and aquatic habitat.
- Improve water quality by managing local water runoff.
- Provide flood protection.
- Improve recreational and aesthetic value of creek.
The Town retained a consultant to prepare preliminary (30%) design plans for the restoration project. The preliminary plans for the restoration are shown below.
Trout Creek Restoration Project - 30% Plans. Note, these design plans are preliminary and subject to change.