The Town of Truckee has received an application for the West River Cottages project (Application #2017-00000161). The applicant is requesting modifications to several properties located within Truckee’s Historic Preservation Overlay District. One of the properties (10199 West River Street) is the location of seven existing historic cottages. A second parcel (10191 West River Street) is the location of an existing historic residence and garage. Both properties are rated as Category B (Contributory) historic resources in Truckee’s Historic Resource Inventory.
A total of five properties are involved in the application due to the fact that a previous Lot Line Adjustment moved the lot lines between the four parcels to the east (APNs 019-130-050-000, 019-130-051-000, 019-130-052-000 and 019-130-048-000), and modifications to the fifth contiguous parcel (APN 019-130-006-000) require approval of a Tentative Map; however, no modifications are proposed to the three eastern properties as part of this application.
The applicant is requesting approval of the following land use entitlements:
- Tentative Map to adjust the lot line between five parcels on West River Street. Includes to moving the existing lot line between APNs 019-130-006-000 and 019-130-050-000 to the east side of the existing garage at 10191 West River Street; dedicating portions of three parcels to the Town of Truckee; and subdividing the parcel at the corner of West River Street and Mill Street (APN 019-130-006-000) into seven single-family residential parcels for individual ownership;
- Historic Design Review/Demolition Review to relocate and rehabilitate seven historic cottages and demolish an existing single-family residential garage and shed;
- Planned Development to modify the development standards of the DRM zoning district, which applies to standalone residential projects in the DMU zoning district, including setbacks and snow storage, and to reduce the required parking demand to seven spaces (one space per dwelling unit); and
- Zoning Clearance for projects with less than 5,000 square feet of gross floor area and less than 26,000 square feet of site disturbance in Downtown Residential and Downtown Commercial and Manufacturing zoning districts.
Please use the following Dropbox link to view the submittal documents listed below: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/skj8uim08kox63y/AACq6qW48dNnINJklSNMkS9Ta?dl=0
- Architectural Plans
- Civil Plans
- Applicant Justification Letter
A Draft Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration has been prepared for this project. The public review period begins on September 9, 2019. Please use the following Dropbox link to view the following listed below:
- Notice of Intent
- Draft Initial Study/MND
- Attachment 1 - Historic Resource Assessments
- Attachment 2 - Plan Set
- Attachment 3 - Project Description
The 30-day review period for the environmental document ends on October 8, 2019. Please submit any comments by email to LDabe@townoftruckee.com or via mail to Town of Truckee, Attn: Planning Division, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA 96161.
For any questions on this project, please contact Laura Dabe, Assistant Planner, at 530-582-2937 or LDabe@townoftruckee.com.