Truckee Business Owners:
We know that many of you are working to safely reopen your businesses for your employees and customers now. While this is a challenging task, we want to make sure you are aware of these resources to help you navigate. This page will be updated as new information becomes available. Updates will appear at the bottom of the page.
This provides answers to questions like what to do with your reopening checklist once completed.
The Town of Truckee has temporarily waived certain regulations pertaining to things like outdoor signage and utilizing parking spaces as an extension of your business.
For immediate questions related to outdoors business activities, please contact: email@example.com.
Nevada County Guidelines
Please refer to the Nevada County Department of Public Health guidelines for the most up-to-date information.
What can we expect during "Stage 2"?
In this video, Truckee’s Community Development Director, Denyelle Nishimori, provides critical information for business in Truckee as we enter Stage 2 of the reopening plan. Chief Rob Leftwich and Denyelle discuss what “Stage 2” is and what we can expect in the next few weeks.
May 26, 2020 Update for Hair Salons & Religious Services:
Last night Nevada County updated the Reopen Nevada County plan to reflect the recent changes as follows:
- Hair salons and barber shops may now open under Nevada County’s attestation of readiness with the State. Guidelines for these modifications can be found at www.covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties/. Businesses practicing these modifications may open right away.
- Religious services may now reopen with modifications and limited capacity in place. Guidelines for these modifications can be found at www.covid19.ca.gov/industry-guidance/ under “Places of Worship".
- Local businesses are not required to get approval from the County or State to reopen when their industry is allowed by the State, but are required to follow all state provided guidance listed at www.covid19.ca.gov and should make their reopening plans available to the public.
- Businesses, non-profits and houses of worship requiring more guidance should contact us at COVID19Recovery@co.nevada.ca.us and we will be in touch to connect you with the appropriate department or resources. General coronavirus questions can be directed to Connecting Point at 1-833-DIAL211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 5, 2020 Update for 12 additional Stage 3 business sectors:
Today, California Department of Public Health released reopening guidance documents for 12 additional Stage 3 business sectors. Under the statewide order and with local Public Health Officer approval, these businesses will be able to reopen with modifications in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 as soon as June 12th.
Nevada County Public Health immediately began to review the guidance to determine how these requirements fit into our local community. They will continue a careful review to provide science-based recommendations or requirements for both a safe and quick reopening specific to Nevada County.
Full details on the Nevada County business reopening guidelines can be found on the Nevada County website.
June 11, 2020 Update: Nevada County Stage 3 Businesses May Reopen with Modifications Tomorrow:
Looking to Stage 3; Nevada County Stage 3 Businesses May Reopen with Modifications Tomorrow
- Nevada County Public Health has updated Nevada County’s Reopen Plan for the safe reopening of 12 new industry sectors in Nevada County beginning on June 12th, which includes statewide guidance and guidance for variance counties like Nevada County.
- Updated FAQs are also available on the statewide Stay-at-Home order and reopening Nevada County at www.mynevadacounty.com/coronavirus.
- Nevada County Public Health Officer Dr. Ken Cutler has rescinded the local Short-Term Rental and Lodging order effective tomorrow, June 12th, to align with the State’s recommended guidance for reopening these industries safely.
- To continue to provide support and answer questions for Stage 3 businesses that are reopening, Nevada County is hosting a follow-up Stage 3 Business Guidance Workshop for business owners and managers on June 16th from 4:00pm to 5:30 pm.
- COVID-19 remains a risk for our community, our large older population and nursing homes.
- To continue reopening safely, increasing our testing numbers is needed. Two OptumServe testing sites are available in Grass Valley and Truckee. Testing is free and available to everyone.
For the full press release with all the details from Nevada County click here.
We are in this together.
Town of Truckee