The best resource for Coronavirus Updates and Preparedness in Nevada County at

Online Permits/Inspections

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Town of Truckee offers an array of online features that deliver easy, convenient and efficient access to different government services. The Building and Safety Division, through Esuite, allows customers to apply for permits online, request or cancel inspections, retrieve inspection results, check status of permit applications and submit online payments. Customers can also obtain permit history and see approved plans and documents by performing a public records search.

Request a Permit

Access my Permit

Online Payments

Request an Inspection

Digital Plan Submittal

ePermits Guide


Who can use eSuite?

Contractors can use the eSuite system to request inspections, check permit status, apply for some permit types, and make online payments through “Contractor Access.” Homeowners can access permit information through “Resident Access.” In addition, any member of the public can search in eSuite using the “Public Information Search” to look up information by address, permit number, or permit type.

I’m a homeowner. How do I access my property information?

Visit the eSuite site and follow the instructions for “Resident Access.”

An Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN) will be needed, which can be found through the Nevada County Assessor website at

I’m a contractor. How do I sign up?

You will need to activate an account to access your permits and have the ability to schedule inspections. If you have pulled permits in the past using our old system, you are likely able to do so in the new system as well – it should be fairly easy to follow the steps to activate your account. Some contractors were input multiple ways in our old system; other companies have incorporated or changed the company name. Therefore, you may find multiple options to choose from when activating your account (as you begin typing your company name, a drop down menu will start to populate). If in doubt which business name to use, please call the Building Division and we will work directly with you. You can choose which name to use going forward, but the Building Division will need to change your name on any active permits so they are linked to your account, deactivate the name(s) you will no longer be using, etc. Information is provided on the eSuite website under “Contractor Access.” Building Division staff can assist with this process and answer any questions you may have.

I’m a realtor. Can I use eSuite to research open permits?

The e-Suite site is a great tool for realtors and appraisers. Through the “Public Information Search,” you can determine if a property has any open permits, or check the status of a particular permit. For historical permit information, including records inherited by the Town from Nevada County at the time of incorporation, Town staff can assist with providing those records through the Town archives. 

If I apply for a permit online, how long does it take to get my permit?

After you submit an application and move on to the next page you'll get a message that reads "Your permit request has been submitted..." which confirms you have successfully completed the request. Building staff will contact you within 24-48 hrs. asking for more information if needed or with building permit fee amount and steps on how to submit payment.

What if it shows the wrong property owner when I try to apply for an online permit?

That’s OK; please continue with your application and make a note within the permit description. We always verify and correct the owner information before issuing any permits.

What if I don’t have a computer?

We accept permit applications over the counter at the Building Division. Our office is located at 10183 Truckee Airport Rd., Truckee CA. 

What is my permit number?

Your permit number is assigned during the application process and can be found on the paperwork you receive. It is also referred to as “application number”.

How do I schedule an inspection online?

Click on "Request an Inspection" above. If it's your first time doing it please click on "ePermits Guide" for detailed instructions on how to request an inspection (s).

Can I cancel an inspection online?

Yes, you can cancel your request at any time. If the inspection has been scheduled, you can cancel the appointment online and also call the Building Division so we can let the inspector know of the cancellation. Contact number (530) 582-7821.

I need to pay for my permit. Can I submit an online payment?

Yes, you can. Click on "Online Payments" above > Resident Access > Access my Permits button and enter your property information. If it's your first time doing it please click on "ePermits Guide" for detailed instructions on how to submit online payments.