UPDATE (06/18/20): As Nevada County slowly moves into Stage 3, Town Hall will be reopening to allow some degree of public access. The Building Division counter will open starting on Tuesday, July 7th, for appointments only. Appointments will be available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8am to 12pm with 30-minutes time slots. You must schedule an appointment by 4pm of the previous chosen date by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have installed Plexiglass and will only allow two people at the counter to conform with social distancing guidelines. Also, facial covering is a requirement while in the building. Upon arrival the doors will be closed, please call (530) 582-7821 to be let in for your scheduled appointment time.
We appreciate your understanding while we go through this trial period and hopefully we will be reopening for walk-ins in the near future!
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY CONCERNS RECOMMENDED JOB SITE PROTECTIVE MEASURES
Please implement the following guidance to your active project in order to prevent the job site from being shut down. These should be actively monitored to ensure compliance:
Update (06/18/20): Face covering must be worn at all job sites at time of inspection. We will not perform inspections if we show up at the site and workers are not wearing face coverings.
- Workers should be using gloves appropriate to the task and compatible with materials being handled.
- Workers should be using masks when working closer than 6 ft .
- Limit the number of workers on site, when feasible - schedule appropriately.
- In person meetings should be limited (conducted by phone when possible) and unnecessary staff should not be on site.
- Do not share gloves, phones, food.
- Workers must maintain social distancing guidelines and increase personal space to at least 6 feet when possible.
- Disperse parking to maintain social distance
- Good hygiene practices should be enforced: hand sanitizer and washing station must be available for staff
- If there is a trailer on site, only necessary personnel should enter the trailer and all must wear masks and maintain social distancing while inside.
- Site deliveries should be properly coordinated with minimal to no contact and appropriate cleaning protocol
- Institute a rigorous housekeeping practice: trailers, portable toilets, commonly touched items, etc. shall be cleaned and sanitized regularly
- Communicate/train/educate workers on general precautions
- If you feel sick, and/or have been exposed to anyone who is sick, stay at home
- Signs with COVID-19 guidelines/prevention should be posted at various location on site (click here for an English/Spanish version of a poster from the CA department of Public Health).
Please check back on this page for updates.
Welcome to the Building Division
The Building and Safety Division is committed to assuring safety in the built environment while meeting the needs of the development community in an efficient, equitable and cost effective manner.
We strive to maintain the highest level of customer service and technical expertise possible while respecting human dignity.
We promote open communication while providing honest and accurate information and encourage positive working relationships by cooperating and sharing information and resources.
Effective January 1st, 2020,
the Town of Truckee is enforcing the 2019 California Building Codes. All new submittals must be designed, engineered and constructed to these new codes and must reference them in the project submittal documentation.
The most significant change is the solar system requirement. The 2019 California Energy Code requires solar photovoltaic systems to be installed on new single family and low-rise residential construction (R-2, multifamily, with 3 habitable stories or less; or R-3, single family; or U-building, located on a residential site).
As many of our roof design snow loads are greater than available PV panel capacities, we are pursuing a high snow load exception with the California Building Standards Commission. Stay tuned for more information.
Building Division Contact Information:
The Building Division hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.