Summary of Changes:
- Mixed waste will remain the same in customer-provided 32-gallon cans
- No more "can averaging." Each resident is allowed one can of trash per week rather than the previous "can averaging" program which allotted each resident 13 cans of trash average throughout the quarter.
- Scheduled overages of up to 3 extra bags or cans of additional waste can be picked up on your normal service day 4 times per year. *Max 96-gallons total and 51 lbs each can or bag.* Must schedule ahead of time through your TTSD online customer account.
- Bulky items can be collected curbside on an on-call basis up to two times/year. Each collection can include up to 3-cubic yards of recyclable material, electronic waste, universal waste, AND up to 1 bulky item (mattress, couch, etc.). *Individual items cannot exceed 200 lbs. See specific information for refrigerators here. Must call TTSD ahead of time to schedule.
- Each household can opt-in to receive a 64-gallon blue recyclables cart, serviced every-other week
- Blue bags will still be serviced at all households, serviced weekly
- Changes will reach neighborhoods over the next three years:
- Glenshire carts were delivered in October 2018. Please call TTSD to schedule deliveries past Oct 2018.
- Remaining Truckee neighborhoods excluding Tahoe Donner will be delivered in October 2019
- Tahoe Donner in 2020
- 2 new recycling drop off locations will be available during the summer- Tahoe Donner Northwoods Clubhouse and Truckee Town Hall
- Each household can opt-in to receive up to three 96-gallon green waste carts, serviced every-other-week, May 1 - October 31
- Green bags will not be accepted after June 30, 2018
- New green waste services begin for ALL residents July 1, 2018
- Residents can also rent discounted green waste dumpsters or drop off up to 6-yards of green waste at Eastern Regional Landfill for free May - October
Customer Service Improvements
- A new online customer service platform is available for easier billing and communication. Access your customer portal here.
- All commercial customers will receive recyclables carts, starting August 1
- Certain required commercial customers will receive wildlife-resistant food waste containers that will be serviced up to 3 times/week, starting February 2019
- Commercial trash bins 3+ yards will be serviced up to 5 times/week
- Small commercial customers may utilize hauler provided mixed-waste carts
- Schedule a complimentary waste assessment and Town of Truckee staff will come to your business and help you determine what services your business will need