Summary of Changes:
- Mixed waste will remain the same in customer-provided 32-gallon cans
- No more "can averaging." Each resident is allowed one can of trash per week rather than the previous "can averaging" program which allotted each resident 13 cans of trash average throughout the quarter.
- Scheduled overages of up to 3 extra cans (96-gallons) of additional waste can be picked up on your normal service day 4 times per year. Must call TTSD to schedule.
- Households can opt-in to receive a 64-gallon blue recyclables cart, serviced every-other week
- Blue bags will still be serviced at all households, serviced weekly
- Changes will reach neighborhoods over the next three years:
- Glenshire in fall 2018
- Remaining Truckee neighborhoods excluding Tahoe Donner in 2019
- Tahoe Donner in 2020
- 2 new recycling drop off locations will be available during the summer- Tahoe Donner Northwoods Clubhouse and Truckee Town Hall
- Each household can opt-in to receive up to three 96-gallon green waste carts, serviced every-other-week, May 1 - October 31
- Green bags will not be accepted after June 30, 2018
- New green waste services begin for ALL residents July 1, 2018
- Residents can also rent discounted green waste dumpsters or drop off green waste at Eastern Regional Landfill
Customer Service Improvements
- A new online customer service platform will be available for easier billing and communication
- All commercial customers will receive recyclables carts, starting August 1
- Certain required commercial customers will receive wildlife-resistant food waste containers that will be serviced up to 3 times/week, starting February 2019
- Commercial trash bins 3+ yards will be serviced up to 5 times/week
- Small commercial customers may utilize hauler provided mixed-waste carts
- Schedule a complimentary waste assessment and Town of Truckee staff will come to your business and help you figure out what services your business will need.