Seeking Volunteers to Serve on the Public Art Advisory Body
The Public Art Advisory Body will be a newly-established body appointed by Town Council to oversee the Town of Truckee’s public art program. The Public Art Advisory Body will consist of seven members tasked with overseeing the implementation of the newly adopted Public Art Master Plan. Responsibilities will include assisting with developing public art program priorities and processes, as well as overseeing program implementation, project prioritization, artist selection, and public outreach.
The Public Art Advisory Body will meet the first Tuesday of the month from 4:00-6:00 pm at Town Hall, with the first meeting anticipated in March 2020. Frequency of meetings will be determined by the number of projects and/or available project funding.
The Town is currently seeking Truckee residents to fill the following seven Public Art Advisory Body seats:
- Arts advocate: Such as advocate or representative of an arts advocacy organization
- Youth arts representative: Such as youth art educator, advocate, or representative of youth arts advocacy organization
- Public art expert: Such as experienced artist, curator, or installer of public art
- Performing arts representative: Such as artist, staff, board member or owner of a performing arts-focused business or organization
- Visual arts representative: Such as artist, staff, board member or owner of a visual arts-focused business or organization
- Technical expert: Such as engineer, architect, or professional experienced in technical aspects of outdoor public art installation
- Lay members: Community member with an interest in public art who is not a professional artist, or staff, board member or owner of an arts business or organization
Three (3) members will be appointed for a term of two (2) years, and four (4) will be appointed for a term of four (4) years.
Applications may be picked up from the Town Clerk's Office, Town Hall, 10183 Truckee Airport Road or available online at
https://www.townoftruckee.com/apply. Closing for application submission is 12:00 P.M., January 17, 2020.