Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit gears up for summer service!
Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit summer services begin!TAHOE CITY, Calif. -- Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit will began summer operations June 27th with extended mainline service to the new East Shore trail, a free fireworks show park and ride service, expanded night service hours, free-to-the-rider bus service on the Truckee Local route, and a $10 summer youth pass on regional routes.
TART summer routes will be as follows:
- New this summer – Beginning June 29, TART will extend mainline service to Tunnel Creek, servicing the new Tahoe East Shore Trail and recreation hub on the East Shore.
- TART’s free year-round night service extends to 2 a.m. beginning June 27 through September 2. TART’s night service provides connections between Crystal Bay and Squaw Valley, Tahoe City and Tahoma, and Crystal Bay and Northstar. For routes and pick-up times, please visit tahoetruckeetransit.com.
- The TART mainline route connecting Incline Village, Crystal Bay, Kings Beach, Tahoe Vista, Carnelian Bay, and Tahoe City will operate every 30 minutes between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- The TART mainline West Shore route will offer hourly connections between Tahoe City and the West Shore between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- TART’s Highway 267 route connecting Crystal Bay, Kings Beach, Northstar and Truckee will operate hourly between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The TART Highway 89 route connecting Tahoe City, Squaw Valley and Truckee will operate hourly between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- TART’s Truckee local route is free to riders and provides operations throughout Truckee including Donner Lake, Crossroads, Gateway, downtown Truckee and Henness Flat. Service will be provided Monday – Saturday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Truckee’s Dial-a-Ride now operates seven days a week and offers the most economical door-to-door transit opportunity in the region. This service is available within Truckee to seniors, persons with disabilities and the general public. ADA certified passengers ride fare free.
- Celebrating the “Star-Spangled Banner” in North Lake Tahoe and enjoying the fireworks show on the third and fourth of July just got a whole lot easier with new park and ride services. For the first time, you can forget the parking hassles when enjoying the fireworks show in Kings Beach on July 3rd and Tahoe City on July 4th. Park and ride facilities in addition to 30-minute bus services will be provided from Truckee (Northstar lower parking lot), Crystal Bay and Tahoe City. For additional information and schedules visit tahoetruckeetransit.com.
- Truckee Thursdays shuttles return and attendees can once again forget the parking hassles and leave the car behind! The Town of Truckee in partnership with the Truckee Tahoe Airport District, Truckee Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID), Northstar, Truckee Downtown Merchant’s Association (TDMA) and the Transportation Management Association (TMA) will be bringing back the FREE shuttle service to and from Truckee neighborhoods, Northstar and downtown every Thursday between 4:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.!
- Celebrating the 4th of July in Truckee? Don’t miss Truckee’s Hometown Parade and the FREE shuttle service to and from Downtown Truckee! This year, the Town of Truckee in partnership with the Truckee Tahoe Airport District, Truckee TBID, Northstar and the TMA, will be providing FREE and convenient shuttles traveling to and from Downtown Truckee between 8:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to the following destinations: Tahoe Donner, Donner Lake, Sierra Meadows, Brockway, Northstar, Prosser and Glenshire.
- The East Shore Express with service to Sand Harbor returns this summer offering free transfers to and from TART within 90 minutes of initial bus pass purchase.
- The North Lake Tahoe Express airport shuttle with daily connections to TART, will offer expanded year-round services beginning June 15. For additional information or to make a reservation visit northlaketahoeexpress.com.
Connections between TART routes can be made daily at Crystal Bay, the Tahoe City Transit Center and the Truckee Train Depot.
Returning this summer, TART regional routes will offer a summer youth pass, offering unlimited rides and transfers between June 1 and August 31 to those 18 years and younger for just $10. Youth passes may be purchased on the bus using exact change.
TART’s fall services begin September 3rd and will include the free night service until 9:30 p.m.
For schedules and additional information, visit our new website at: www.TahoeTruckeeTransit.com or call (530)550-1212.