Truckee TART 2018 Summer Services Including FREE Fares Beginning July 1, 2018!
Beginning July 1, 2018, the Town of Truckee will provide free to the rider bus service on the Truckee TART Local Fixed Route, operating throughout Truckee, Monday - Saturday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Truckee TART Dial-a-Ride will also provide free to the passenger bus service for ADA certified passengers as of July 1, 2018.
● ● ●
Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit gears up for summer services beginning June 28
TAHOE CITY, Calif. -- Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit will begin summer operations June 28 with expanded night service hours, free to the rider bus service on the Truckee Local route, and a ten dollar summer youth pass on regional routes.
TART summer routes will be as follows:
- TART’s free night service now operating year-round with extended 2 a.m. service beginning June 28. TART’s night service provides connections between Crystal Bay and Squaw Valley, Tahoe City and Tahoma, and Crystal Bay and Northstar. For routes and pick-up times, please visit tahoetruckeetransit.com.
- The TART mainline route connecting Incline Village, Crystal Bay, Kings Beach, Tahoe Vista, Carnelian Bay, and Tahoe City will operate every 30 minutes between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- The TART mainline West Shore route will offer hourly connections between Tahoe City and the West Shore between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- TART’s Highway 267 route connecting Crystal Bay, Kings Beach, Northstar and Truckee will operate hourly between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The TART Highway 89 route connecting Tahoe City, Squaw Valley and Truckee will operate hourly between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- TART’s Truckee local route which will be free to the rider as of July 1, 2018 will provide operations throughout Truckee including Donner Lake, Crossroads, Gateway, downtown Truckee and Henness Flat. Service will be provided Monday – Saturday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Truckee’s Dial-a-Ride now operates 7 days a week and offers the most economical door to door transit opportunity in the region. This service is available within Truckee to seniors, persons with disabilities, and the general public. ADA certified passengers ride free beginning July 1, 2018.
In addition to TART’s summer routes, the following services are also provided within the Truckee-North Tahoe region:
- Truckee Thursdays shuttles return and attendees can once again forget the parking hassles and leave the car behind! The Town of Truckee in partnership with the Truckee Tahoe Airport District, Truckee TBID, Northstar, Glenshire/Devonshire Residents Association, TDMA and the TMA will be bringing back the FREE shuttle service to and from Truckee neighborhoods, Northstar and downtown every Thursday between 4:30pm and 9:30pm!
- Celebrating the 4th of July in Truckee? Don’t miss Truckee’s Hometown Parade and the FREE shuttle service to and from Downtown Truckee! This year, the Town of Truckee in partnership with the Truckee Tahoe Airport District, Truckee TBID, Northstar and the TMA, will be providing FREE and convenient shuttles traveling to and from Downtown Truckee between 8:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to the following destinations: Tahoe Donner, Donner Lake, Sierra Meadows, Brockway, Northstar, Prosser and Glenshire.
- The Emerald Bay Shuttle and East Shore Express with service to Sand Harbor return this summer offering free transfers to and from TART within 90 minutes of initial bus pass purchase.
- The North Lake Tahoe Express airport shuttle with daily connections to TART, will offer expanded summer services beginning June 15. For additional information or to make a reservation visit northlaketahoeexpress.com.
Connections between TART routes can be made daily at Crystal Bay, the Tahoe City Transit Center and the Truckee Train Depot.
New this summer; TART regional routes will offer a summer youth pass, offering unlimited rides and transfers between June 1 and August 31, 2018 to those 18 years and younger for just $10! Youth passes may be purchased on the bus using exact change.
TART’s fall services begin Sept. 4 and will include the free night service until 9:30 p.m.