Police Officer (Lateral)
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$30.36/hr - $40.99/hr
- Posted Date:03/13/2019
The Town of Truckee incorporated in 1993 and is located in Nevada County, California. The Town is 12 short miles from Lake Tahoe and is close to the metropolitan areas of Reno and Sacramento. Truckee is a true mountain resort community at the top of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Truckee sits at the base of several world class ski resorts and hosts an abundance of year-round outdoor activities.
The Truckee Police Department was established in 2001. The department has 25 sworn officers which include patrol, detectives, and a School Resource Officer. Collateral assignments include FTO, dive team, seasonal boat patrol, and a host of instructor positions.
• Salary range: $30.36/hour - $40.99/hour
• 7.5% Intermediate POST / 2.5% Advanced POST (Total 10%)
• 7.5% Shift Differential
• 2.7% @ 57 CalPERS Retirement System (9% contribution paid by employee)
• CalPERS Anthem Blue Cross PORAC Health Insurance - option of retiree health benefits; also dental, vision, group life, voluntary life insurance and AFLAC available
• Vacation, sick leave and 13 paid holidays
• Uniforms and all safety equipment provided
At the time of application, candidates must:
• Be at least 21 years of age;
• Meet the minimum Peace Officer Selection Requirements established by the California Government Code and the California Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST);
• Have graduated from a California POST Regular Basic Course (academy) within the last three years, or possess a valid POST Requalification Course Certificate or;
• Possess a valid California POST Basic Course Waiver (BCW), or;
• Possess minimally a California POST Basic Certificate and have at least one year of general law enforcement experience within the previous three years.
• Please click here for a complete job description.
Lateral applicants must attach a copy of one of the above POST documents verifying eligibility to their employment application. (Applicants are encouraged to contact California POST for details on how to qualify.)
Please share with us in one page or less what draws you to the Town of Truckee. Also, please explain your specific interest in the Truckee Police Department and what you have done to prepare yourself for this position.
(APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVIEWED UNLESS THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE IS COMPLETED)
HOW TO APPLY
A Town of Truckee Employment Application along with supporting documentation (see above). Resumes are not required but are welcome as an attachment to the Employment Application. Town employment requires the successful completion of a physical examination, drug screen and a complete background check. Applications may be obtained by clicking here to apply or by calling Human Resources at 530-582-2925. You may email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax your application to 530-550-2343 or mail to: Town of Truckee, Attn: Human Resources, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA 96161. This position is open until filled. The Town of Truckee is an equal opportunity employer.