Job Openings/ Listings

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Police Officer (Lateral)

  • Type:Full Time
  • Salary/Pay Rate:$32.40/hr - $43.74/hr +up to 20% incentive pay
  • Posted Date:03/13/2019

Police Officer (Lateral)


The Truckee Police Department was established in 2001.  The department has 25 sworn officers and offers multiple specialty and collateral assignments in addition to patrol:

  • Investigations
  • Traffic
  • School Resource Officer
  • Seasonal Boat Patrol
  • Dive Team
  • Bike Patrol
  • OHV Motorcycle
  • Hostage Negotiators
  • UAV Operator
  • Multiple Instructor Positions (Firearms, DE-TAC, Less Lethal, Tactical Communication, etc.)


  •  Salary range: $32.40/hr - $43.74/hr
  • 7.5% Intermediate POST / 2.5% Advanced POST  (Total 10%)
  • 7.5% Shift Differential
  • 2.5 % Bilingual Incentive
  • Up to a $3000/year Performance Based Compensation for Employees at the Top of the Range
  • 3% @ 55 For Classic Members or 2.7% @ 57 CalPERS Retirement System
  • Department Issued Backup/Off-Duty Weapon (Glock 43)
  • Uniforms and all Safety Equipment Provided
  • Department Paid Dry Cleaning and Yearly Uniform Allowance
  • Paid On Duty Workout Time
  • Department Issued iPhone
  • Tuition Assistance
  • CalPERS Anthem Blue Cross PORAC Health Insurance - option of retiree health benefits; also dental, vision, group life, voluntary life insurance and AFLAC available
  • Vacation, sick leave and 13 paid holidays
  • Please click here for a complete benefit package.


The Town of Truckee incorporated in 1993 and is located in Nevada County, California.  The Town is 12 short miles from Lake Tahoe and is close to the metropolitan areas of Reno and Sacramento.  Truckee is a true mountain resort community at the top of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Truckee sits at the base of several world class ski resorts and hosts an abundance of year-round outdoor activities.


At the time of application, candidates must:

  • Be at least 21 years of age;
  • Meet the minimum Peace Officer Selection Requirements established by the California Government Code and the California Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST);
  • Have graduated from a California POST Regular Basic Course (academy) within the last three years, or possess a valid POST Requalification Course Certificate or;
  • Possess a valid California POST Basic Course Waiver (BCW), or;
  • Possess minimally a California POST Basic Certificate and have at least one year of general law enforcement experience within the previous three years.
  • Please click here for a complete job description.

Lateral applicants must attach a copy of one of the above POST documents verifying eligibility to their employment application.  (Applicants are encouraged to contact California POST for details on how to qualify.)


A Town of Truckee Employment Application along with supporting documentation (see above). Resumes are not required but are welcome as an attachment to the Employment Application. Town employment requires the successful completion of a physical examination, drug screen and a complete background check.  The lateral officer interview process has been modified to make this a more efficient and expedited process. Applications may be obtained by clicking here or by calling Human Resources at 530-582-2925. Download and complete the application and you may email your application to; fax your application to 530-550-2343 or mail to: Town of Truckee, Attn: Human Resources, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA 96161.   This position is open until filled.  The Town of Truckee is an equal opportunity employer.

Return to full list >>

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer