FREE Stormwater Training (LID & QSP/QSD)
Join the FREE upcoming Stormwater Training for LID & QSP/QSD. The workshop is presented in two parts. Register for one or both.
- Date: -
- Location: Town Hall
10183 Truckee Airport Road
Truckee, California 96161
- Dog FriendlyNo
Stormwater Training: LID & QSP/QSD
The workshop is presented in two parts; register for one or both! Training is by:
- Stefan Schuster, PE from CDM Smith
- Scott Thorne, CGP Trainer of Record, CPESC, CESSWI
- Placer County RCD
- Town of Truckee
- Placer County
Part 1 provides an overview of the East Placer Stormwater Design Manual and Tools for addressing post-construction stormwater requirements. The objectives of this session include reviewing the Manual and examples for various classes of projects. Project examples will include demonstrations on the functionality of the included Stormwater Quality Plan (SWQP) template and how and where to locate and use reference information from the Manual.
Part 2 is a two or a 2 1/2 day course intended for all individuals working with construction and post-construction stormwater issues and those who intend to continue working in the State as Qualified SWPPP Developers (QSD) or Qualified SWPPP Practitioners (QSP).
This workshop focuses on the application of the California Statewide Construction General Permit (CGP), provides an overview of writing and implementing SWPPPs, site compliance, enforcement and submission of permit documentation to the State’s data base— Stormwater Multi-Application and Report Tracking System (SMARTS). This class meets the requirements set forth by the California Construction General Permit Training Team (CCGPTT) and the California Storm Water Quality Association (CASQA).
May 8, Day 1: (LID/QSD)
Registration begins at 8am
- 8:15-11am (LID) - East Placer Design manual and post construction calculator
- Noon-4pm (QSD only) - Training overview-short version, Project Planning and Risk Determination, SWPPP Development & PRD's
May 9, Day 2 (QSP/QSD)
Registration begins at 8am
- 8am-4pm - Training Overview (QSP/QSD), Erosion Theory, SWPPP Implementation
May 10, Day 3 (QSP/QSD)
Registration Begins at 8am
- 8am-4pm - Reporting, Project Close Out
LOCATION: Town of Truckee, Prosser/East Wing Conference Room (10183 Truckee Airport Road)
REGISTRATION: If attending both parts, please register for both courses. There are limited seats available. Also, please note if registering for QSD or QSP place which certificate you are seeking after your first name on registration (Ie: Tom, QSD)
- LID Manual Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/east-placer-design-manual-training-tickets-59400368100
- QSD/QSP Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/qsdqsp-training-tickets-59328415889