Reimagine Bridge Street Public Workshop
Come voice your opinion! The Town of Truckee is exploring intersection improvements for Bridge Street at Donner Pass Road and East/West River Streets.
- Date: 04/24/2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: TDRPD Community Recreation Center
8924 Donner Pass Road
Truckee, California 96161
- Introduction: Reimagine Bridge Street project goals are to improve pedestrian safety and circulation at Donner Pass Road and East/West River Streets, designate a quiet zone at the train crossing, and maintain or improve traffic flow with and without a train present.
- Dog FriendlyNo
PUBLIC WORKSHOP | WED., APR 24 | 6-8 P.M.
Town of Truckee staff and the consultant team will start the Public Workshop with a short presentation of the four options including video simulations and renderings. Staff will be available to answer questions and take comments after the presentation. Staff will be making a recommendation to Council for the best option to pursue at the next Council meeting. The four intersection options include:
- Minor Improvements-connecting sidewalks on all corners, adding a sidewalk on the east side of Bridge Street, and a median island across the tracks between the north and southbound lanes. Existing stop sign configurations at both intersections would stay the same.
- Roundabouts-Single lane roundabouts at both intersection. This includes pre-emption signals on all approaches.
- Traffic Signals-Traffic signals at both intersections would be coordinated with the railroad gates to allow traffic to continue to flow regardless of train activity.
- Roadway Reconfiguration-This option proposes to close Bridge Street to vehicles but would keep the railroad crossing open to bikes and pedestrians. The improvements would also include a new roundabout at McIver Undercrossing at the West River Street intersection.
Date/Time: Wednesday, April 24; 6-8 p.m.
Location: TDRPD Community Recreation Center (8924 Donner Pass Road)
Learn more: www.townoftruckee.com/ReimagineBridgeStreet