Skip to page body Home About Us Living in Truckee Visitors Departments How Do I?
Job Review
Police Officer (Lateral/Academy Graduate)
Type: Full Time
Salary/Pay Rate: $26.43/hr - $35.68/hr
Posted Date: 1/18/2013
Deadline to Apply: 3/29/2013

POLICE OFFICER (LATERAL / ACADEMY GRADUATE)

THE TOWN
The Town of Truckee incorporated in 1993 and is located in Nevada County, California. The Town is 12 short miles from Lake Tahoe and is close to the metropolitan areas of Reno and Sacramento. Truckee is a true mountain resort community at the top of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Truckee sits at the base of several world class ski resorts and hosts an abundance of year-round outdoor activities.

THE DEPARTMENT
Truckee Police Department was established in 2001. The department has 25 sworn officers which include patrol, detectives, and School Resource Officer. Collateral assignments include FTO, dive team, seasonal boat patrol, and a host of instructor positions. Click here for a complete job description.

BENEFITS: 

  • Salary Range: $26.43/hours - $35.68/hour
  • 7.5% Intermediate POST / 2.5% Advanced POST (Total of 10%)
  • 7.5% Shift Differential
  • 2.7% @57 CalPERS Retirement (9% contribution paid by employee)
  • CalPERS Anthem Blue Cross PORAC health insurance - retiree health
  • Dental, Vision, Group Life and Voluntary Life insurance
  • Vacation, sick leave and thirteen paid holidays
  • Uniforms and all safety equipment provided
       Click here for an Employee Benefits Summary


    MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

    At the time of application, candidates must:
    • Be at least 21 years of age;
    • Meet the minimum Peace Officer Selection Requirements established by the California Government Code and the California Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST);
    • Have graduated from a California POST Regular Basic Course (academy) within the last three years, or possess a valid POST Requalification Course Certificate, or;
    • Possess a valid California POST Basic Course Waiver (BCW), or;
    • Possess minimally a California POST Basic Certificate and have at least one year of general law enforcement experience within the previous three years.

    Applicants must attach a copy of one of the above POST documents verifying eligibility to their employment application. (Applicants are encouraged to contact California POST for details on how to qualify.)

    SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS - SEND WITH APPLICATION

    Please share with us in one page or less what draws you to the Town of Truckee. Also, please explain your specific interest in the Truckee Police Department and what you have done to prepare yourself for this position.
  • (APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVEIWED UNLESS THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS ARE COMPLETED.)


    HOW TO APPLY

    A Town of Truckee Employment Application is required along with supporting documentation (see above). Résumés are not required but are welcome as an attachment to the Employment Application. Town employment requires the successful completion of a physical examination, drug screen and a complete background check. Applications may be obtained by clicking here to apply  or by calling Human Resources at (530) 582-2925. You may also mail your application to the Town of Truckee, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA 96161; Atten: Human Resources or fax to 530-550-2343. All applications must be received by 5pm, Friday, March 29, 2013. The Town of Truckee is an equal opportunity employer.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download Flash Player Download QuickTime Download Windows Media Player Download Microsoft Silverlight Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer