Skip to page body Home About Us Living in Truckee Visitors Departments How Do I?

Truckee Animal Services receives many different types of complaints. Officers investigate everything from animals running at large to nuisance barking to animal neglect and cruelty.

To file a complaint a person needs to provide enough information for an officer to follow up. This information includes the type of complaint, an address of where the animal lives (if known), description of the animal, and the reporting party also needs to leave enough personal information so that an officer can recontact them if necessary.

Complaints that are considered a public nuisance (barking, damage to property, or impeding lawful movement) are required by the Town Ordinance to be submitted in writing.

After receiving a complaint, an officer will be dispatched to investigate the alleged problem. When an officer makes contact with an owner, they will be advised of the complaint and if warranted will be given suggestions how to correct the problem, be given a verbal warning or may be issued a citation.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download Flash Player Download QuickTime Download Windows Media Player Download Microsoft Silverlight Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
Last updated: 2/20/2009 11:49:27 AM