Truckee, California, is a mountain community located on top of the Sierra Nevada Range just north of Lake Tahoe. The community is located within a scenic basin surrounded by forests and mountains with a four-season climate uncommon in California. There is a windfall of outdoor recreational opportunities in the area including Lake Tahoe, several lakes and reservoirs, the Truckee River and other trout streams, hiking and camping, cross-country skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and a dozen ski resorts within 30 minutes. We are also close to the Reno (35 minutes) and Sacramento (90 minutes) metropolitan areas.
Truckee is growing, but still maintains its small town atmosphere and lifestyle. It is known as a wonderful family community with an excellent school system and has a permanent population of nearly 15,000, but a large number of tourists and second homeowners visit throughout the year.
Benefits (Regular, Full-time Employees)
Employees are covered by the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). The CalPERS formulas are 2.5% at age 55 for miscellaneous class employees and 3% at age 55 for safety class employees.
- The Town does not participate in Social Security.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance (employee contribution varies depending on employee group).
- Group Term Life Insurance (paid by Town).
- Sick Leave.
- 13 Paid Holidays.
- Accrued Vacation: 1-4 years of service, 2 weeks; 5-11 years of service, 3 weeks; 12 years and over, 4 weeks.
- Two weeks of administrative leave each year is provided for exempt personnel.
For additional information see Human Resources in the Administrative Services Department. For a complete listing of all the Town's positions and salary grades see our Salary Schedule.