Regular Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at Town Hall at 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee. View the Calendar for upcoming meetings.
Town Council Meetings are also televised. Tune in live at 6:00 p.m. on local Channel 24.
Town Council Minutes are posted on the website.
Participating at a Council meeting can be a daunting prospect. The public is a vital part of the process and the Town would like to encourage you to speak out on the issues facing the Town. The Guide to Town Council Meetings has been prepared to help take some of the mystery out of the public process.
2014 Council Mission Statement
Protect and enhance Truckee’s quality of life by ensuring that growth and our capital investments enhance our environmental, social and cultural character and ensure long-term economic viability.
2014 Council Goals
- Supporting revitalization of the downtown core and the Truckee River through strategic partnerships leveraging public and private resources.
- Expanding bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure with a focus on connectivity, through prioritization of existing resources, partnerships and new initiatives to enhance available resources.
- Facilitating communication, collaboration and cooperation among all government entities providing services in Truckee.
- Promoting the retention and expansion of existing businesses and the establishment of new business that result in economic diversification or growth in areas that support these goals.
- Actively seeking efficiencies in provision of services to improve Truckee’s quality of life and free up resources for use on strategic initiatives.
Town Council Election Info
Town Council Handbook
History of Town Council Members