TOWN OF TRUCKEE
HISTORIC PRESERVATION ADVISORY COMMISSION
July 25, 2012, 8:00 a.m.
Town Hall – East Wing Conference Room
10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL. Chair Riley, Vice Chair Rodriguez, Commission Members Gadow, McGinity, Mortier, Sesko and Wightman.
2. PUBLIC COMMENTS. Time set aside for the public to address the Commission on any matter not on the agenda. Testimony related to any agenized matter should be addressed at the time that item is considered. Comments are limited to three minutes.
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
3.1 Regular Meeting – June 13, 2012
4. MINOR REVIEW ITEMS.
4.1 Application No. 12-018 (Dressed Boutique Sign Plan); Applicant: Kait Mally; Owners: Dressed Boutique; APN 19-100-11. Jenna Endres, Associate Planner.
The applicant is requesting historic design approval to replace half of an existing awning on the businesses located at 10056 Donner Pass Road (Dressed Boutique). The existing awning was reviewed and approved by the Community Development Director in fall 2007. It was approved as a single awning over both business entries and in a vintage stripe pattern. The current proposal would maintain the striped awning over Marilyn’s Cat Walk and the awning over Dressed Boutique would be modified.
Requested Action: That the Historic Preservation Advisory Commission (HPAC) review the proposed Sign Plan for consistency with the Downtown Specific Plan including Historic Design Guidelines and Development Code and forward a recommendation to the Community Development Director.
4.2 Application No. 12-019/HDR-ZC (Grow Residence Roof Modification); Owners: Richard & Marianne Grow; Agent: Richard Boelk. Jaime LaChance, Senior Planner.
The applicant is requesting Historic Design Review to grant a Certificate of Appropriateness for a change of roofing material and a minor roof pitch modification on a Category B (“Contributing”) historic residence and detached garage in the DRM-14 (Downtown Medium Density Residential, 14 dwelling units per acre) zoning district and the McGlashan Addition Character Area. The property is located in the historic downtown area on the north side of Keiser Avenue, at the Keiser Avenue and Dumas Way intersection (APN 19-020-06; 10024 Keiser Avenue).
Requested Action: That the Historic Preservation Advisory Commission (HPAC) review the proposed roof modifications for consistency with the Downtown Specific Plan including the Historic Design Guidelines and forward a recommendation to the Community Development Director.
5. MAJOR REVIEW ITEMS. None.
6. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS. None.
7. DISCUSSION ITEMS. None.
8. COMMISSION MEMBER REPORTS. During this time, the Commissioners may make a brief announcement or update each other on various other meetings they have attended since the last Commission meeting. Furthermore, a Commissioner may provide a reference to staff for factual information, request staff to report back to the body of a subsequent meeting concerning any matter, or may direct staff to place a matter of business on a future agenda. However, no action will be taken at this meeting during this time.
9. ADJOURNMENT. To the next Commission meeting on August 8, 2012, at the Town Hall East Wing Conference Room at 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
POSTING: I declare a copy of this agenda was posted at Town Hall, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA, on July 20, 2012, by 5:00 p.m. Agenda packets are available for public review at Town Hall, Truckee Library and online at www.townoftruckee.com.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Commission regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection in the foyer in front of Council Chambers located at 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA, during normal business hours.
Laura Dabe, Administrative Secretary
NOTE: Public participation is encouraged. In compliance with Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. Sec. 12132) and in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act, if you need special assistance to enable you to attend and participate in this meeting, or if you need the agenda or related materials in an alternative format, please contact the Town Clerk (530) 582-7700. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to all aspects of this meeting. For information on recent changes to the Ralph M. Brown Act (effective January 1, 2003) with regard to ADA requirements please see Government Codes 54953.2, 54954.1, 54954.2, and 54957.5.