TOWN OF TRUCKEE
HISTORIC PRESERVATION ADVISORY COMMISSION
June 13, 2012, 8:00 a.m.
Town Hall – East Wing Conference Room
10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL. Commission Members Gadow, McGinity, Mortier, Chair Riley, Vice Chair Rodriguez, Sesko and Wightman.
2. PUBLIC COMMENTS. Time set aside for the public to address the Commission on any matter not on the agenda. Testimony related to any agenized matter should be addressed at the time that item is considered. Comments are limited to three minutes.
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES.
3.1 Regular Meeting – May 23, 2012
4. MINOR REVIEW ITEMS.
4.1 Application No. 12-012 (Truckee Trunk Sign Plan); Applicant: Debbie Waters; Owners: Truckee Trunk Show. Jenna Endres, Associate Planner.
The business owners located at 10020 Donner Pass Road (Truckee Trunk Show) are proposing to install one wall sign on the front building façade.
Requested Action: That the Historic Preservation Advisory Commission (HPAC) review the proposed “Truckee Trunk” sign material, design and location for consistency with the Historic Design Guidelines of the Downtown Specific Plan and the Development Code and forward a recommendation to the Community Development Director.
4.2 Application No. 11-013(b)/HDR (Schaffer Residence Modifications); 10279 East River Street; Owners: John & Katie Schaffer; APN 19-160-24. Denyelle Nishimori, Associate Planner.
The applicant is requesting historic design approval of after-the-fact exterior modifications made to a new, but not yet finaled, approximately 2,859 sq. ft. residence (2,203 sq. ft. living, 243 sq. ft. garage, 413 sq. ft. unconditioned storage) located in the Downtown Multi-Family Residential (DRM-14) zoning district.
Staff Recommendation: That the Historic Preservation Advisory Commission (HPAC) review the proposed modifications to the previously approved single-family residence for consistency with the Downtown Specific Plan, including the Historic Design Guidelines, and forward a recommendation to the Community Development Director.
5. MAJOR REVIEW ITEMS. None.
6. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS. None.
7. DISCUSSION ITEMS. None.
8. COMMISSION MEMBER REPORTS. During this time, the Commissioners may make a brief announcement or update each other on various other meetings they have attended since the last Commission meeting. Furthermore, a Commissioner may provide a reference to staff for factual information, request staff to report back to the body of a subsequent meeting concerning any matter, or may direct staff to place a matter of business on a future agenda. However, no action will be taken at this meeting during this time.
9. ADJOURNMENT. To the next Commission meeting on June 27, 2012, at the Town Hall East Wing Conference Room at 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
POSTING: I declare a copy of this agenda was posted at Town Hall, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA, on June 8, 2012, by 5:00 p.m. Agenda packets are available for public review at Town Hall, Truckee Library and online at www.townoftruckee.com.
Any writings or documents provided to a majority of the Commission regarding any item on this agenda will be made available for public inspection in the foyer in front of Council Chambers located at 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA, during normal business hours.
Laura Dabe, Administrative Secretary
NOTE: Public participation is encouraged. In compliance with Section 202 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. Sec. 12132) and in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act, if you need special assistance to enable you to attend and participate in this meeting, or if you need the agenda or related materials in an alternative format, please contact the Town Clerk (530) 582-7700. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to all aspects of this meeting. For information on recent changes to the Ralph M. Brown Act (effective January 1, 2003) with regard to ADA requirements please see Government Codes 54953.2, 54954.1, 54954.2, and 54957.5.