Due to the passage of Proposition 64 in the November 2016 state election, the use of nonmedical (i.e. recreational) marijuana has been legalized. It is now legal to for any adult 21 years or older to:
- Possess, transport, obtain or give away to other adults 21 or older no more than 28.5 grams of marijuana or 8 grams of concentrated marijuana
- Cultivate up to 6 plants per residence and possess the marijuana produced by these plants (subject to "reasonable regulations" by local governments)
Workshops: In order to address the changes brought with the legalization of marijuana, the Town of Truckee Town Council will be holding a series of workshops to discuss the Town's approach to marijuana regulations. The focus of these workshops will includes discussions on indoor and outdoor cultivation, manufacturing and processing, taxation, retail and commercial uses and delivery services. These workshops are open to the public and opportunities to submit public comment will be made available.
All workshops will be held on the following dates in Town Hall Council Chambers from 6-8 p.m.
Below are the scheduled discussion topics:
- February 9th -- View the video archive of this meeting
- March 9th -- View the video archive of this meeting
- Retail Dispensaries
- Processing Facilities
- Delivery Services
- April 13th - View the Agenda for this upcoming meeting
- Residential Cultivation
- Commercial Cultivation
- May 11th
- Personal Use and Possession
If you wish to stay informed of cannabis-related items, please sign up for the Town's E-notify system here (select "Cannabis Regulations" under both Calendar and News headers) or email any questions to email@example.com.
Tell Us What You Think or select one of the options below:
| View the Presentation from the
February 9, 2017 Workshop