- Cardboard Dumpsters- Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal (TTSD) provides cardboard only recycling dumpsters at discounted rates. These dumpsters are available in 3, 4 or 6 yards with scheduled service of 1 or 2 x per week.
Commercial customers may also self-haul their cardboard to one of the three following locations:
- The Eastern Regional Landfill Hwy 89 South and Cabin Creek Road. The landfill is open Monday – Saturday from 8:00AM-4:00PM.
- Truckee Town Hall - 10183 Truckee Airport Rd
- Nevada Co. Sheriff Station - 10879 Donner Pass Rd
Cardboard is also accepted in blue recycling bags. Cut cardboard to fit into the bag, secure the bag with duct tape or zip ties and place out with trash for collection.
- Paper Pick-up – TTSD provides customers in-office paper recycling service. For a onetime fee of $20 TTSD will deliver paper only collection containers to your location. TTSD will them provide ongoing weekly paper collection service for no additional charge.
- Hazardous Waste Disposal- Businesses generating less than 220 pounds or 27 gallons of hazardous waste per month are eligible to use the Hazardous Waste Disposal program provided at the Eastern Regional Landfill.
The estimated fee for disposal is based on your inventory. Drop-off is by appointment only. For additional information, call 530-583-0148. Please visit waste101.org for a complete list of materials accepted.
- Waste Assessments- The Town provides the following free assistance to businesses upon request:
- Conduct a waste assessment and make recommendations on opportunities to reduce waste and recycle.
- Provide free containers and/or blue bags as funds permit.
- Assist the business with establishing new services with Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal (i.e., paper collection) requesting a cardboard only dumpster.
- Provide education on how to participate within programs to staff
- To make an appointment, please contact Recycling Staff
- Free site visits from TTSD staff are also available upon request. Site visits may help you determine ways to improve your recycling. To request a site visit, call: Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal at (530) 583-0148
For information on how your business can reduce its waste visit our Business Waste Reduction page.
EPA's Center for Corporate Climate Leadership serves as a resource center for all organizations looking to expand their work in the area of greenhouse gas (GHG) measurement and management.
The EPA Simplified GHG Emissions Calculator is designed as a simplified calculation tool to help small business and low emitter organizations estimate and inventory their annual greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. The calculator will determine the direct and indirect emissions from all sources at a company when activity data are entered into the various sections of the workbook for one annual period.
Sustainable materials management is a systemic approach to using and reusing materials more productively over their entire lifecycles. It represents a change in how our society thinks about the use of natural resources and environmental protection. By looking at a product's entire lifecycle we can find new opportunities to reduce environmental impacts, conserve resources, and reduce costs.