Claims for money and damages are governed by Town of Truckee Municipal Code Chapter 3.16. If you have property damage which you believe was caused by the Town of Truckee you must file a claim, generally within six (6) months from the date of the incident. You may complete the claim form on-line or print the form (PDF) or contact us and a form will be mailed to you. Mail the claim form to Town of Truckee, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA 96161.
Once the claim is received the claim will be processed as quickly as possible. An investigation, audit of receipts, and review by town management is required. The Town Manager or Council has final authority on the determination of all claims. It may take up to 45 days to determine if the claim will be accepted or denied. See Municipal Code for more information.
Things to consider to be sure your claim is processed as quickly as possible:
- Complete the claim form – include the date, time and address of the incident.
- Give a complete description of the alleged incident/accident. If a police report was filed, include the police report number. Pictures are very helpful.
- All amounts claimed must be documented by two (2) estimates or repair bills.
- Include the total amount of your claim.
- Provide us with your contact information including mailing address and phone numbers.
If you have any questions or need further assistance contact us and we will be happy to help you.