Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit (TART) Begins Fall Transit Services Sept. 5
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Sept. 1, 2017
Truckee North Tahoe Transportation Management Association (TNT/TMA)
TAHOE CITY, Calif. -- Tahoe Truckee Area Regional Transit will begin fall operations Sept. 5. Continuing this fall, TART will again offer free night service into the off-season with service being offered until 10 p.m.
TART’s fall routes will be as follows:
- TART’s year-round, free night service, offers nightly bus service between Crystal Bay and Squaw Valley until 10p.m., Tahoe City and Tahoma until 9:30p.m., and Crystal Bay and Northstar until 9:30p.m. Please check the schedule on tahoetruckeetransit.com for exact pick-up times.
- The TART mainline route connecting Incline Village, Crystal Bay, Kings Beach, Tahoe Vista, Carnelian Bay and Tahoe City will operate hourly between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- The TART mainline west shore route will offer hourly connections between Tahoe City and the West Shore between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- TART’s state Route 267 route connecting Crystal Bay, Kings Beach, Northstar and Truckee will operate hourly between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The TART state Route 89 route connecting Tahoe City, Squaw Valley and Truckee will operate hourly between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- TART’s Truckee local route operating in Truckee with connections to Donner Lake, Crossroads, Gateway, downtown Truckee and Henness Flat will provide service Monday – Saturday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
In addition to TART’s fall routes, the following services continue year-round operations within the Truckee-North Lake Tahoe region:
- The North Tahoe Truckee Transport senior shuttle provides out of area trips to Reno the second Wednesday of each month; to the Sacramento area the third Wednesday of each month; and to Tahoe Forest Hospital health and wellness programs the second, third and fourth Thursdays of each month. Call 530-550-7451 to make a reservation.
- The North Lake Tahoe Express airport shuttle, with connections to TART, offers daily trips between Truckee/North Lake Tahoe and the Reno Airport. For additional information or to make a reservation visit northlaketahoeexpress.com.
Connections between routes can be made daily at Crystal Bay, the Tahoe City Transit Center and the Truckee Train Depot.
TART regional route bus passes may be purchased with a credit card at the Tahoe City Transit Center. Bus passes may also be purchased when boarding the bus using exact change.
TART’s extended winter services will kick-off Dec. 15.
For schedules and additional information visit: www.TahoeTruckeeTransit.com or call 530-550-1212